Monday, November 13, 2023

Last Entry Groups 7 & 8 (Nov 9th)

Welcome to my last Didactics II entry. I have to admit it, but I feel a little sad that everything has come to an end, especially this class. I still remember the first Didactics class I had, I honestly had no interest in teaching, I felt it wasn't my thing. But my mindset changed after these two periods. But we'll talk about that at the end of this post. 

So, this entry is about the last class we had from group 7 and 8, after All Souls Day.


They started playing "ahorcado" which I think is called hangman in English. And so they gave a couple of hints and the students had to say the letters they thought made up the word, and if they said a word that didn't match, then the teacher had to draw a part of the hangman. It's a game that I particularly like. 

Then they had a refresher about numbers, their pronuntiation and examples.

 
The hours and "there is and there are"

    

Also, about the daily routine


I really liked the fact that students were able to study all the topics from the beggining. I think in that way they will be able to remember it better.


After the first class, we had a mini-break. But this one was different, as Lic Orlando brought us cookies and coffee! My favorite time of the day is coffee time and it was great to share it with my classmates.


Then it was the turn from the last group. 

Eli did an activity called "guess the time". She used a toy clock and set random times for the students to say the correct answer.



Carla also taught some expressions about time


Gustavo made a reading activity


They played rock, paper and scissors. If the student lost, he or she had to read a phrase.



At the end, the teachers gave some gifts to the students


And here are the group photos. At the beginning there were more students, but I'm glad that at least they were able to finish. Some of them told me that the classes were a great help and that they will continue studying. 




Of course, a selfie with Lic Orlando was a must. The coffee with pan dulce is still pending. I hope it will be possible. 


The next day, Lic Orlando came to our French class, as he had saved some cookies for those who could not come to the last class. It was a very special gesture on his part. And we took a picture together with out t-shirts.


So to finish, as I said at the beginning of the entry. This was a very special year, and a big part of it was thanks to this subject, and all that I learned throughout the months. Without a doubt, I was able to discover a potential for teaching, even though creating a lesson plan was sometimes a little complicated, and I can't imagine the part of having to grade homework and exams, but now I don't rule out the possibility of teaching English or who knows French, once I get a better handle on it. I realized that this is another way to help other people in an important process. And that is what I enjoy the most, helping others, so thank you Lic Orlando for transmitting your passion for teaching, for your charisma and good wishes always towards us. I know this is not a goodbye but a see you soon. Thank you for everything.

Oh, and by the way, If you read till this part, well I actually just finished the previous 2 entries too😄😅 so if you have the time to check on them, I left the links on the corresponding forums. Thank you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Entry Groups 7 & 8 (Nov 9th)

Welcome to my last Didactics II entry. I have to admit it, but I feel a little sad that everything has come to an end, especially this class...