Sunday, May 28, 2023

Teaching Speaking

 Hello! Welcome back to another entry👽

I was looking for photos from this class, but honestly I didn't find any on my cellphone, apparently I didn't take photos😢 

However, here it is a summary about teaching speaking by Jeremy Harmer, in which we discussed about some activities, such as, role playing, simulation, and real play.  

Dimensions of Speaking

1.      Transactional or Interpersonal

2.      Interactive or Non-interactive

3.      Planned or Unplanned

Ex: A Job Interview à largely transactional, interactive, and planned.

The roles of the teacher in a Speaking Lesson

·        Prompter


·        Participant

·        Feedback Provider 



It is recommended to introduce the functional language at the beginning of the speaking class. In this way, students will be able to use it successfully later in the class.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Entry Groups 7 & 8 (Nov 9th)

Welcome to my last Didactics II entry. I have to admit it, but I feel a little sad that everything has come to an end, especially this class...